Hymns. Contemporary. Chamber music. New Age. Hip-hop. The ministry of music is very diverse. Although this is not the first time I’ve mentioned music and worship, I wanted to share some of my standing favorites with you.
Please take a moment to welcome the Spirit into your day by the following links. And, when you’re finish clicking around, please share what song(s) have ministered to you. We can all benefit from the opportunity of expanding our spiritual library!
- Love Him Like I Do – Deitrick Haddon
- How Great is Our God – Chris Tomlin (Honestly, almost every song he’s touched is a fave, but this particular version of the song tears me up every time I hear it. *Wipes away the snot* If you can’t make it through the whole song, fast forward to the last 2 minutes for an awe-inspiring acapella experience…HUNDREDS of people, praising our Lord…*blows nose*)
- What is This? – the late Bishop Walter Hawkins
- Moving Forward – Israel Houghton
- I am a Friend of God – Israel Houghton and New Breed (*Jumping up in down with joy* I like to sing this one terribly loud and a little sharp, just for extra emphasis, lol!)
- Total Praise (Live on BET) – Fantasia Barino (You might not be a big fan of “screaming” gospel, but her praise is so authentic, it’ll make the hairs on your arms stand up. Listen to her testimony at the end!)
Other goodies (no particular version/singer needed):
- Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
- Our God Saves
- How Great Thou Art
- Blessed and Highly Favored
- I Love the Lord, and I Lift My Voice
- Encourage Yourself
- You are the Living Word